I am one of the unfortunate one to have a migraine…and it killing me when it attack. It doesn’t tell you when, never warn and its sooooo painful. For me it can last in 15 minutes, hours or days..Trust me, its really painful..it is often preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. Yes, i will need DARK and SOUNDLESS room when it attack.
So people, when you have migraine, please avoid this potential trigger:
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Bright lights, loud noises, and certain odors or perfumes
- Physical or emotional stress
- Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
- Smoking or exposure to smoke
- Skipping meals or fasting
- Menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, hormone fluctuations during menopause onset
- Tension headaches
- Foods containing tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans), monosodium glutamate (MSG), or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs, and salami)
- Other foods such as chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, banana, citrus, onions, dairy products, and fermented or pickled foods.
For the food, avoiding is not like you don’t take it at all, but it hmm maybe yea, keep it slow :)..